Saturday, May 7, 2011

Totally AWESOME DUDE

Today was magnificant.  We went to the Gateway area Ms MudRun.  Got totally dirty.  6.2 miles of running and muddy obsticals.   It was so much fun and it was for such a great cause. 

I have to say my fave parts were the rope wall climb.  the 25 foot wall climb and the obsticals at the pond.  We had to go through the storm drain under the street and then run 1/4 a mile to the pond where we had to jump in and go under a log and then swim to the other side and run to the next obsticle was to run across a bridge that was a bunch of wabbly  wipe out type squares that were all wet.   A and I jumped off at the end to just to get a refreshing swim.

I didn't not think it would be a bad idea to wear camo bdu's and combat boots.  It was. Next year I'll wear spandex pants and tennis shoes.    Every time we had to get wet,  my pants would slosh and my shoes would squish.  One of the team mates was calling me squishy.  It was awesome tho.

At the end we had to jump off a plat form that was ten feet up into a pit that was 6 feet deep.  That was the most mentally challenging for me as I HATE heights.  then we had to swim through 25 yards of muddy water, climb a muddy hill and slide down a muddy slide into a muddy pit.   It was so awesome.  After that , we got hosed off by a fire truck and got free food and massages and a professional trainer stretched us out.

It was one of the most rewarding experieces of my life.  We plan to do this every year.  The best part for me was doing it with A.  We worked as a team with our team members and the atmosphere was so encouraging and fun.  How often do you get to randomly hug strangers and hear people cheer each other on?

It was awesome!

from front to back :  Cindy, Ken, Me, Jared, Aaron.  Team The Dutch Mudders!!!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like fun, you are such a brave woman:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it was really a lot of fun. I hope boot came is just as awesome!

    ReplyDelete