Friday, December 10, 2010

poor little tree

The Christmas tree was put up at work last  night.  I was actually surprised to see it when I came in.   Its an almost sad sight to see. ( i'll show in a few).

It is a brilliant green with two different golden tinsle trims on it. An angle holds two candles at the top and it was strung with what could have been very beautiful twinkling lights.  Only the bottom of the tree is lit up and twinkle pretty. The person who put the poor tree together did what they could, but this tree has a large section of ... well lets just say you can see the bar down the center that lets the wold know its not a real ever green tree.
The thing with the lights tho, that s bothersome.  who wants to see a tree with only the very bottom lit up.   It has no bows or ornaments on it.  It is a work not yet finished, rushed to be put together to not seem a scrouge runs this place.  I am now tempted to go out and buy ornaments to decorate it with.  This is my work and not my home!  I have to remind myself that it isn't my job to spend my own money on the store to make that tree look less sad.
  Yes this tree is sad.  It leans a little to the left in a moping kind of fashion. The angle sits atop in her special place looking as tho if the wind should blow she will tople to the ground and break.  
That would not be a good thing.  It would just be one more thing for the propriator of the store to yell at his lowly servants about.
But my heart says to cheer up this false ever green tree. how to do that tho with out breaking my own bank or ruining the thing?

                                          our sad little friend

2 comments:

  1. its a tree like me. If you looked closely you would see the places where I am not real. I get dressed up to try to look like the other trees, but never seem to shine like they do and then I start to feel bad. But then God shows me that there are parts of every tree that is not real ... just like me. they just have more glitter to cover what is really beneath the surface. And then I don't feel so bad because he holds me and says to me, "but you, my dear, will be beautiful in my hands. I will garnish you with royal robes and you will no longer be called desolate... :}
    Ha! See what you inspired

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so awesome and oh so very true Carol! I am so glad you posted! I miss you sooo much.

    ReplyDelete