Wednesday, January 5, 2011

If ever you need proof

So yesterday parusing the news on Yahoo. I came across the story of a homeless man that used to be a radio voice guy.  WHAT A VOICE.  He had fallen into the trap of the world and was involved with drugs and alcohol and through all that he lost his job and his respect and self.

I am amazed and lifted up by this mans story.  He got himself clean ( 2 years now) and was living off the generosity of others who would give him money.  I was listening to the updated story this evening with my children and He counts God as his savior. He found in his time as a homeless man lost and lonely that there truly is God. He said he had his hour with God every day and he thanked him for every thing that was given to him.  He prayed that he would rebound.   God brought this man to his Knees so that he could LOOK UP to him and not depend on himself.

I was reminded of a blog post by a fellow blogger who stated that we are given troubles not so we can carry them but so that we will rely on God to carry them for us. ( I am paraphrasing here).  I believe God brings us to the pit of our lives so that we will humble our hearts and look to him, to call out broken and bleeding and desperate for redemption.  I know that he has heard me and lifted me up.  I hope others can see that he really does exist and isn't just a side line observer of the world he created.

My husband asked me the other day if I believed God was always good.  Of course my answer is Yes.  Then he asked me if I believed there was evil.  Of course I believe and answered Yes.  Then he asked me How can God be so good if he allows bad things to happen to us and for evil to be in the world. ( he is taking a philosophy class).   I told him that I believe God has  our best interests in heart and he knows what is best for us.  He allows evil in the world so that we will trust him and choose him.  He asked me something else and I can't quite recall what it was just that I know I didn't know how to answer it.  He said that He has a simple way to explain this but he couldn't tell me right now because he wants me to think for myself and didn't want me to adopt his answer or influence me in anyway.  He said it was an important question because there will come a day When I have to defend my belief to someone that doesn't believe in God. He wanted me to think about how I can help someone to see the love of God that didn't know it.

The thing is.  I know with out any doubt that God is good and that there is evil in the world. I believe he allows evil things to happen to us so that we may HELP those that are going through it. He wants us to go through those things so we can some way relate to him.  Think of all the times he asked his people to love only Him as their God and they chose to bow down before other gods.  He asked us not to defile ourselves and then there was Lot offering his daughters to those crazed men so they would not rape and defile the angle of the Lord. He wants us to feel the pain He feels each time we reject him.  He wants us to choose to love him.  He is our father and knows what is best for us.  But being human, we often have to learn from our own experiences.  Take a look back at your life... remember that time your parent told you not to do something because you could get hurt? Remember not believing them and then getting hurt because you did it anyway?  Isn't that what we do every day that we don't listen to God?

I often wonder how people don't believe in God when I see the rays of the sun shooting down through gray clouds. Or the wonderful colors of the sunset and sunrise.  I see his fury in the shape of Tornados and Volcanos or Tsunamis and Hurricanes.  Yet I see his love each time I see a rainbow.  He reminds us of his promise not to destroy the earth with a flood.  I see the love each time I see the trees blossoming with new life of fresh leave buds.

I only hope that some one will be swayed by my thoughts to not give up on God or their quest for purpose with Him.

6 comments:

  1. There is a song we sing in church and it goes "satan goes around like a roaring lion, seeks been defeated so I am testifying by the blood of Jesus he's lost his power.....". We have evil because satan is alive and people forget that. Satan is a master of knowing our weaknesses and playing on them but you are so right....God is so good and wants us to depend solely on him and not do it on our own.
    I think the most evil thing that ever happened was Christ dying on that cross for us....sinners. we didn't deserve it, still don't, but through that death, we will all have life with Christ forever...as long as we daily strive to choose Him.

    Lots of thoughts about this jumbled in my head. May be writing about it soon.....hope that's okay....loveeeee this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is more than ok to write about it;)
    Heck I referenced you in the blog:)

    What is the name of the song? I'd love to see if youtube has it so I could listen to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://lyrics.bradlis7.com/songs.php?song=158

    these are the lyrics but I dont know that its on Youtube or not but I LOVE it! Its called I belong to Jesus. Its my all time favorite song we sing at church!

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-JUa0Ux0mU
    Here is the video.. he sings it a little slower than we do but its still great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi n.lea. -

    I came to say hi to you and was pleasantly surprised to read tonight on your blog that you posted on the same topic that I posted on today - the homeless man, Ted.

    GOD is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for posting the links to the song. It is certainly beautiful!

    Lioneagle. He is amazing that is for sure. I too noted that you posted on the same subject. God just offering further proof to me that He is incharge

    ReplyDelete