Wednesday, October 27, 2010

going under

Sitting here and
I wonder when
it's all going under
the day will fall
into the ocean
the night fly into
saddened and dreary
skies.
I wonder when
its all going
under.
When the sun
wont shine on me
and the rain
will fall like
acid~ burning my skin
Is it gonna happen
is it gonna happen
don't let me fall
into the ocean
or fly into uncertain
and scary skies.
Reach down and save me
save me from the disaster
of the human race
lacking in humanity
Don't let them suffer
sleeping in the cold
under card board
stuffed with newspapers
Going under isn't
how it should be
freezing in the snow.
burning in the heat
No respite from the
cruelty that walks on by
Don't let them starve
bellies distended
and flies in their eyes
Don't let them waste away
with potential unmet.
Give them hope
and a song to sing
that passes the light
of your faithful torch.
Don't let us all go under.
Help us remember
you have saved us
all before.

1 comment:

  1. Amen; sounds like a great prayer. we serve a merciful God. I also just wanted to thank you for visiting my blog and your gracious comment. Hope you are having a great weekend:)

    ReplyDelete