Friday, April 23, 2010

woken from a dream

sometimes muses find us when we are sleeping. Sometimes those are the best writings.
on the 2oth I had one such awakening. I wouldn't say it's my best work but I woke myself up saying it out loud. clue that it needed to be put pen to paper.

here it is.

If you don't believe
than why should I?
There are no
Happy endings.
It's all
fairy tales
& white lies
Hurt to the bone
contusions on my
soul
An open ended
Illusion
meant to keep
all my gruesome
disillusions.
Whatever were we
thinking
Happy Every After
never existed
White Lies
and Fairy tales
Little girl dreams
woman realities...
There is no joy
Just the burdens
on my chest
You don't believe
why should I
No knights
in shinning armor
No romantic
rescues in store.
Don't get your hopes
UP
keep them down
grounded
'cause the
grass ain't any
greener~
just and uglier shade
on that other side
It' just looks
prettier from here
It's all just
fairy tales
white lies
dreams of the
broken hearted.

No comments:

Post a Comment