Thursday, September 30, 2010

The Many Hats We Wear

I came across a very good article on yahoo about the many sides of being a mom and how despite what the 'experts" say,  we can be great moms and workers in the world by simply being who we are all the time and not compartmentalizing the different faces of who we are
 http://shine.yahoo.com/event/lifeslittlepleasures/the-10-secrets-of-one-unflappable-working-mother-2394131/  ( am still learning how to make links appear with a name rather than the entire address so please bare with me,  this goes for picture posting as well). 
One of the things that stuck out about the article was that the author used a lot of humor.   I have realized recently you cannot get through tough spots with out humor.  Hopefully you can laugh at it later if you can't during the moment.

There is a quote in the article by Philosopher John Locke.  ( I must admit at first I thought of the Lost Character John Locke).  But it makes so much sense and is a bit of good advice. " A person recognizes himself as the same being throughout his life, in different times and places. You are one person, indivisible, who just happens to wear many hats."  I understand how hard that is to recognize myself amidst all the different parts of myself.  I tend to identify myself as a mom, or a wife but those aren't the whole  of who I am.

I am going to work on being a whole me and not a part of me.  Yes I am a mom, yes I am a wife, yes I am a wanna be writer, I am an infant in Christ, I am not just those at times but ALL of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment