Thursday, February 17, 2011

wondering on rambling road

So I have noticed that I see a lot of things on my daily trek to the learning establishment. One the amount of trash that litters the ground. Two, I wish I had a camera to capture all the things that affect my emotions by their sight. Three,  I often start thinking of awesome things to write but as I reach into my bag for the needed utensils,  the thoughts and words flee from me as though writing them down would polute them like the scenery near my higher education facilities.

I wonder what would happen if I simply started picking up the trash off the ground in this sad and lonely neighbor hood.  Would the folks be offended to see this white girl doing it?  I know that sounds racist and it isn't my thoughts to come across that way, but I hear from others around me that the goodie goodie white folks always trying to help the poorer folks come off as ... what is the wording I am looking for?   Only doing it for the looks not because it needs to be done.  Personally, I hate looking at trash and clutter and I absolutely hate, HATE litter. I have always picked stuff up off the ground and placed it in the trash bin.  Why can't every one else just do this too?

2 comments:

  1. Nikki!

    You may think your thoughts and words have fled when you go to write them down but in actuality you captured them here on your blog.

    It's noble of you to want to pick up other people's litter. A community involves everyone, so EVERYBODY should do their part no matter how small.

    -Dean

    ReplyDelete
  2. You saying that really means a lot to me. I try to blog just to keep the words from freezing in the muck and mire of my day to day life.

    ReplyDelete