Friday, April 1, 2011

The Truth in Romans

God lead me to read Romans today and I am already seeing examples of myself and what happened when I turned from loving God. It is pretty darn true.   I am amazed at the wonders of God.

1:21 For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened.

1:24 Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. 25 They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.

1:29 They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, 30 slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; 31 they have no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy. 32 Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.

All with in the first 29 verses.  WOW.  I had been given over to a depraved mind.   I started to hate God, I had no fidelity, I slandered a good name because of my own greed  and had not love because I threw it away.

God says that If you have not love you haven't got anything. Think about that!  He is saying love is everything!  I threw away everything because of my own selfish desires of the flesh. 
I pray that God continues to heal me and bring me back to him. I don't want to continue on the path of no return. God is merciful and MIGHTY. God saves.   Please let me be worthy of saving.

No comments:

Post a Comment