Monday, November 1, 2010

He knew me first

So I am reading Crazy Love by  Francis Chan and am struck by how insignificant my love for God has been.
Reading Jeremiah ( my favorite book in the bible) and I am smacked by how Great God is.  Check this out

4 The word of the LORD came to me, saying,


5 “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you,

before you were born I set you apart;

I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.”

What do you think about when you read that?  I have read this scripture many many times and it still hits me like a ton of bricks.  It is most hard to fathom at times that He knew me.  Scratch that , that he KNOWS me. even before he placed me in my mother's belly to grow and be nurtured. He knew / knows every mistake I've made and will make.  All the hurts that I will go through  in my whole life and the hurts that I will give others.  He gave me my strengths ( even the ones I don't know about) and the weaknesses too.
That part that I find hardest to comprehend is that he LOVES me, really really LOVES ME KNOWING ALL OF THIS!!!

Knowing this and reading it again always brings me back to Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you Says the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, to give you hope and a future.

THAT is the kind of God we have.  He has this plan for all of us.  It is simply up to us to accept his plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment