Sunday, November 7, 2010

Letters to God

The title of todays note comes from the movie of the same title.  Im not far into the  movie but feel the need to pause and make note of how I have often thought of writing a journal and having it be nothing but letters to my Father.  I wonder if it would help me deal with things that I struggle with or if it would even matter as he already knows the things I think and have hidden in my heart. Even if those things are not technically hidden, just things I choose not to tell peope.    I some times choose not to write the notes because I find myself talking to him, (even if it's just in my head). Does talking to Him in my head even count?

Is it weird that I find it a bit selfish  when I talk to God?   I mean it seems like I ramble on and on and sometimes repeat what it is I have said or am saying.  Isn't there a passage where it tells us not to ramble because he finds it offensive?  I'll have to find it and research it.  But back to the selfishness of talking to him.  I talk so much sometimes that I don't hear what he is saying.   I think that goes hand in hand with not reading his words as often as I know I should.   I need to put more effort into that portion of our relationship.

Now that I think of this title,  I may just create a blog  of nothing but letters to Him.  A simple plaine update every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment