Thursday, January 20, 2011

Snow Day

This is so crazy.  It's the third day of school for me and I am out on a snow day.   How crazy.  I didn't want to stay home, I want to be at that building getting a grip on firing brain cells.

I remember growing up, I actually had to to walk to school in snow that was half way up my calf.  Now days folks seem afraid to have kids walk in it.  Maybe it's because so many kids ride the bus.  The buses do not seem to like the snow.  Not sure I would really want my lil munchkins on a bus that can't handle driving on the roads.  I wouldn't want to risk their lives because folks don't know how to drive in the inclement weather.

I was simply hoping to continue on the path of learning with out interuption.  I went ahead and did extra math problems past where we were supposed to.  But because we dont' have our actual text books yet,  I cannot get ahead in the other classes and can't really go too far ahead in the math department.  I am simply eager to grow and improve myself.  I kind of like setting this good example to the kids of getting it done ahead of time instead of waiting till the last minute.

1 comment:

  1. Hi N.Lea(You have to tell me your first name:),

    You sound like a great mum; I hear you about the bad drivers out there during bad weather. It is great to be a good example to your kids by studying ahead in class,I am sure your kids are taking notice. Good luck with school:)

    ReplyDelete