Thursday, January 6, 2011

just have to say

I have long since been a fan  of medical dramas.  It adds to my desire to be a nurse. The ore i think about it the more I want to be a Trauma Nurse.  When it comes to medical emergencies, I think on my feet, it seems natural to me. I have had to give C.P.R. to people that are important to members of my family, I have had to take care of a child with a broken femur. I don't panic at the site of blood, in fact it fascinates me. The human body fascinates me.

Now I wonder, "WHY, WHY has it taken me so long to realize this?  Why is it that now that I know for certain what I want to do,  does it seems I can't do it, that I am not allowed to do it?

I know that I am supposed to wait on the Lord for all the things that are meant to be. This feels like what I imagine an artist feels like after losing his hand in some horrible accident.   Please pray that I find peace no matter what the Lord has in store for me be it what I want or not. 

I also realize that on top of wanting to be a Trauma Nurse I want to do it in the military. I am a compassionate, loving and caring woman. I am strong when I need to be and determined when I want something.  I love helping people that need help, I feel fulfilled when I help others. I know that there are many warriors that need what I have to offer to help them get better.  I have been groomed since childhood to care for people.

Lord let your will be my will. Grant me patience and peace and a sense of calm that I may know you are in control of all that there is.  You only have my best interest in heart.  

No comments:

Post a Comment