Monday, December 20, 2010

Another one Bites the dust

So it happened today.   The axe hit and I feel so much relief and glad to not have to worry about being fired.   The saying there is a first for everything is true, and this was deffinately a day for that first.   I don't want to say anything else negative about my FORMER boss but that I am glad I can say former instead of boss.
I am def. going to miss some of the customers but such is life I guess.  On to new and brighter things.

I will admit I haven't dealt with all the emotions that are running around inside.  I am just allowing myself to feel all of them. The most obvious is relief but I wont lie about not being slightly pissed off  that he waited until an hour before the shift ended or that he just didn't do it on Saturday.   I am also sad that I can say I have been fired.  But it was a learning experience and an oprotunity to learn about myself.  I learned that  I am not a quitter!  I don't always have to do what everyone wants me to do if I don't think it's right for me.  I can stand up for myself and be fired with grace and gratitude.  This job allowed me to see that I can look confrontation in the face and keep my head held high.  

God is good and he always provides for his children.  I am glad to be one of them.

2 comments:

  1. Hi n.lea -

    Prayers are going forth for you.

    Please, if you feel led, go to the blog FREELY RECEIVED FREELY GIVEN at www.giftsfromglory.blogspot.com and read the piece, "PINK SLIP BONUS."

    Also, I created that blog, in particular, for written pieces of mine that can be copied/printed/distributed. There are conditions, though, for such usage. If you would like to copy...,please read the "Conditions" section at the top of the Home page on the "FREELY RECEIVED..." blog.

    Thank you, n.lea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet Girl - You are loved! You are precious! You are valuable! You are grace and goodness...because you are COVERED by the blood.
    Hallelujah...we know the thief comes to kill steal and destroy..but Christ came that YOU might have life and have it ABUNDANTLY. He owns the cattle on a thousand hills and He owns that shop as well...your ex-boss may think it is His..but uh-uh..Anyway. God will provide! He says when you walk through the fire you will not be burned and when you pass through the waters they will not overcome you. Ask Him what He wants you to know and believe Him for through all this...XOXO

    ReplyDelete