Tuesday, December 7, 2010

pondering on the heat of things

so is it too much to ask that i be warm?  this year the cold is a bitter biter that leaves me feeling raw and pained. im at work ( yes i have a lot of down time here) and im wearing wool socks but my feet are still cold.  OH let me not forget to mention that i have a space heater on full blast infront of my toes too. im wearing an undershirt a wool turtle neck sweater and an Army sweat shirt and I still feel the cold sinking its teeth into my glow in the dark skin.   At this point I am seriously hoping boot camp ins in Fort Jackson.  Oh how I dream of the heat and humidity. Knowing my luck, I'll get stuck at Fort Leonard Wood for boot camp.   It has its pros tho.  I know for certain I will not be lonely at graduation.

I never in a million years thought I would ever say this but. DANG if I don't miss the mosquitos.  Mosquitos mean warmth and sunshiny days and fire flies and no mean bitter biting cold. Mosquitos mean that I can sleep with out ten million blankets on top of me. The sadness is , that the cold season has only JUST begun and that means it is only going to get worse before it gets better.   Lord be with me and give me wamth in the days ahead.  I am afraid I may freeze todeath.

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha. I don't think there will ever come a point where I will miss mosquitoes. It must be really bad there.

    http://ficklecattle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete